Mike and Dan recap missed opportunities on a Southwestern road trip, look ahead to an annoying week and make a MONUMENTAL ANNOUNCEMENT.
In an overtime loss in Denver and a collapse in Las Vegas, the Islanders left points on the table with self-inflicted wounds, which has become a hallmark of the season. A full marks win in Arizona felt great, but the team continues to be plagued by the same issues week after week. And no amount of complaining to the refs is going to change it. They need more from certain players if they are to keep their spot in the NHL playoff picture as other teams solidify their positions.
In the second half, they worry about daunting games against the Canucks, Leafs and Predators, all of which will carry some irritating off-ice storylines as well.
Finally, they make a MONUMENTAL ANNOUNCEMENT for something they have been wanting to do for years. So please listen all the way through for all of the information. You won’t want to miss it.
Two stories you’re gonna be sick of hearing about this week:
- William Nylander is close to an extension with Toronto.
- Andre Kuzmenko is out of Rick Tocchet’s doghouse.
Subscribe to our Patreon! Plans start as low as $2 a month and patrons get ad-free episodes of the shows, bonus podcasts, written posts, discounts and much more.
- Vintage Ice Hockey for t-shirts, hoodies and jerseys with hundreds of classic hockey logos, and our Al Arbour and The Island merch which benefit dementia research. Use the code ANXIETY20 to save 20% off an order of two items.
- The Pinot Project has a Rosé, a Pinot Grigio and a Wine Enthusiast Best Buy Pinot Noir, all under $15 a bottle. Available at local wine stores and UBS Arena.
- Islanders Anxiety podcasts are part of the Fans First Sports Network (@FansFirstSN).
- Theme song: “Morning Haze” by Family Dinner. Hear more of their music on Bandcamp and on Spotify.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety, Weird Islanders: The Podcast! and all of our podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. Leave us a five star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
All Islanders Anxiety podcasts are available on: