Mike and Dan recap the first game of the Islanders’ Patrick Roy experience, and reflect on some of the bigger stories at play in this new era.
While their 3-2 overtime win over Dallas featured a lot of the same mistakes they’ve been making all season (as well as a fantastic game-winning goal by Bo Horvat), there was a noticeable uptick in energy. That might be just players trying to make a good first impression, but with post game comments from both them and the new coach, it’s hard not to be excited at the Islanders’ new direction.
They also talk about Roy’s redemption arc and how him being on the Islanders might not be so crazy to comprehend after all.
In the second half, they look ahead at three big games this week, including one in Roy’s hometown, the sudden emergence of French language media following the team and the misunderstood comedic stylings of one Louis Anthony Lamoriello.
Don’t forget about our live event at the brand new Offside Tavern in NYC on March 30th at 4 pm. Bring your Weird Islanders jerseys, shirts and swag because we want to hear your stories for a live podcast to be released soon after.
- Roy’s first post-game presser was as good as his introductory one.
- Cool story on the shirts available for purchase at Pride Night on Tuesday.
Subscribe to our Patreon! Plans start as low as $2 a month and patrons get ad-free episodes of the shows, bonus podcasts, written posts, discounts and much more.
- Vintage Ice Hockey for t-shirts, hoodies and jerseys with hundreds of classic hockey logos, and our Al Arbour and The Island merch which benefit dementia research. Use the code ANXIETY20 to save 20% off an order of two items.
- The Pinot Project has a Rosé, a Pinot Grigio and a Wine Enthusiast Best Buy Pinot Noir, all under $15 a bottle. Available at local wine stores and UBS Arena.
- Islanders Anxiety podcasts are part of the Fans First Sports Network (@FansFirstSN).
- Theme song: “Morning Haze” by Family Dinner. Hear more of their music on Bandcamp and on Spotify.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety, Weird Islanders: The Podcast! and all of our podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. Leave us a five star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
All Islanders Anxiety podcasts are available on: