While still waiting for the GM and coach to speak, Mike & Dan analyze the Islanders players’ post-season pressers, and who said what in words and body language.
Some players were more animated or unsettled in their answers, while others held court and made us emotional. They’re all we have right now while both Lou Lamoriello and Lane Lambert take their time in making their final addresses to the press.
In the second half, they shake their heads at the NHL and ESPN’s handling of the draft lottery and laugh at the Rangers’ post-season implosion, while Mike tells us how he ended up on an NHL video presentation with the one and only Pierre McGuire.
Stay tuned to also hear about our release plans for the summer for both free and paid subscribers.
- The Islanders exit interviews can all be seen here.
- Behold, the logo of Scunthorpe United.
- Here it is: Michael Leboff and Pierre McGuire: Together at last (Mike’s section starts here and Pierre pops in around the 16:00 mark).
- Pre-order your Bryan Trottier-Mat Barzal “Then & Now” bobblehead from the fine folks at Foco today. These pieces are limited to just 72, so don’t wait. Pre-order today.
Subscribe to our Patreon! Plans start as low as $2 a month and patrons get ad-free episodes of the shows, bonus podcasts, written posts, discounts and much more.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, jerseys and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour and “The Island” merch, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. If you spend $50 or more, you can use the code FOURCUPS to get a free “The Island” coffee mug or pint glass or an official Islanders Anxiety puck.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Rosé, Pinot Grigio and a Pinot Noir that was named a 2022 Top 100 Best Buy by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. All are under $15 a bottle and are available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena. Learn more at The Pinot Project.com. Please drink responsibly
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: “Sports” by Josh Spacek.