The title is meant to be ironic. We have plenty of words to describe the Islanders’ latest third period disasterpiece, a 5-4 OT loss to the San Jose Sharks that’s left everyone angry and beyond frustrated.
Their 11th blown third period lead of the season is just the tip of the iceberg. Careless play, inexplicable coaching and another joyless experience have us wondering how much more we can possibly take of this iteration of the Islanders.
There’s plenty of blame to go around so we had to get right to it and record an emergency podcast. Hope it helps a little.
- None. You all saw it.
Subscribe to our Patreon! Plans start as low as $2 a month and patrons get ad-free episodes of the shows, bonus podcasts, written posts, discounts and much more. Sign up for our Country Club tier through December to receive an Islanders Anxiety Club iron-on patch.
- Vintage Ice Hockey for t-shirts, hoodies and jerseys with hundreds of classic hockey logos, and our Al Arbour and The Island merch which benefit dementia research. Use the code ANXIETY20 to save 20% off an order of two items.
- The Pinot Project has a Rosé, a Pinot Grigio and a Wine Enthusiast Best Buy Pinot Noir, all under $15 a bottle. Available at local wine stores and UBS Arena.
- Islanders Anxiety podcasts are part of the Fans First Sports Network (@FansFirstSN).
- The fine folks at FOCO have something for every fan this holiday season. Check out their 2023 Holiday Gift Guide here.
- Theme song: “Morning Haze” by Family Dinner. Hear more of their music on Bandcamp and on Spotify.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety, Weird Islanders: The Podcast! and all of our podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. Leave us a five star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
All Islanders Anxiety podcasts are available on: