Mike and Dan react to a wild week in which the Islanders won two of three on the road despite continuing their bad habits. Listen for a few important announcements as well.
After an excruciating, infuriating last second loss in New Jersey, the Islanders faced daunting games in Raleigh and Sunrise. They won both while still coughing up leads, failing to clear their own zone and generally playing like assholes. The points kept them afloat in the Eastern Conference, but remind the guys of other recent seasons that went off the rails thanks to similar play.
In the second half, they look ahead at what should be some winnable (?) games, and at the quiet excellence of Bo Horvat.
We also announce a new perk for Patreon subscribers - iron-on “Islanders Anxiety Club” patches - and a new free option to keep up to date on what’s coming up next for the podcast.
- Might be slightly out of date now but this is still crazy.
- Check out the iron-on patches here, and sign up for our Country Club tier throughout December to get one of your own.
Announcement: Islanders Anxiety Club iron-on patches are coming!— Dan (@cultureoflosing) December 1, 2023
Country Club tier members automatically receive one. Upgrade or sign up for Country Club throughout the month of December to get your own. On Jan 1, they disappear! Don't wait. #Isleshttps://t.co/iuMzsWvB7c
Subscribe to our Patreon! Plans start as low as $2 a month and patrons get ad-free episodes of the shows, bonus podcasts, written posts, discounts and much more.
- Vintage Ice Hockey for t-shirts, hoodies and jerseys with hundreds of classic hockey logos, and our Al Arbour and The Island merch which benefit dementia research. Use the code ANXIETY20 to save 20% off an order of two items.
- The Pinot Project has a Rosé, a Pinot Grigio and a Wine Enthusiast Best Buy Pinot Noir, all under $15 a bottle. Available at local wine stores and UBS Arena.
- Islanders Anxiety podcasts are part of the Fans First Sports Network (@FansFirstSN).
- The fine folks at FOCO have something for every fan this holiday season. Check out their 2023 Holiday Gift Guide here.
- Theme song: “Morning Haze” by Family Dinner. Hear more of their music on Bandcamp and on Spotify.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety, Weird Islanders: The Podcast! and all of our podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. Leave us a five star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
All Islanders Anxiety podcasts are available on: