Mike and Dan recap an eventful week of four games with highs, lows, history and heroics that kept the Islanders in the fight in the Metro.
Each game could have been its own podcast, but we take an overview of where the team is after 30 games and how they got here - both good and bad. While some players have emerged as better than expected, others are showing why they’re not ready for Prime Time. And with big games against close division rivals on the horizon, it’s on the Islanders to fix the systematic problems that have plagued them all season.
In the second half, we have our final say about the insanity out of Toronto, and tie up all the noise with a new edition of Master Leaf Theatre. Please listen because you won’t be disappointed. Then we can give it a rest for a while (we hope).
Our next episode will record on December 26, so have a Merry and Festive Christmas.
- LukeFoxJukeBox never misses (or always misses, depending on your perspective).
- Stay classy
Subscribe to our Patreon! Plans start as low as $2 a month and patrons get ad-free episodes of the shows, bonus podcasts, written posts, discounts and much more. Sign up for our Country Club tier through December to receive an Islanders Anxiety Club iron-on patch.
- Vintage Ice Hockey for t-shirts, hoodies and jerseys with hundreds of classic hockey logos, and our Al Arbour and The Island merch which benefit dementia research. Use the code ANXIETY20 to save 20% off an order of two items.
- The Pinot Project has a Rosé, a Pinot Grigio and a Wine Enthusiast Best Buy Pinot Noir, all under $15 a bottle. Available at local wine stores and UBS Arena.
- Islanders Anxiety podcasts are part of the Fans First Sports Network (@FansFirstSN).
- The fine folks at FOCO have something for every fan this holiday season. Check out their 2023 Holiday Gift Guide here.
- Theme song: “Morning Haze” by Family Dinner. Hear more of their music on Bandcamp and on Spotify.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety, Weird Islanders: The Podcast! and all of our podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. Leave us a five star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
All Islanders Anxiety podcasts are available on: