Mike and Dan lament a fruitless, frustrating week for the Islanders that left fans, coaches and players pissed off in equal measure.
In losses to the Wild, Bruins and Capitals, the Islanders didn’t play that poorly and had chances to win. But blown third periods, costly mistakes and ineffective play from key players left them with a four game losing streak and a road trip to Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest looming.
Fans want coach Lane Lambert fired, which irrigated fiery forward Casey Cizikas and left everyone feeling that the circus was back in town. It’s a tough spot with a lot of questions and few answers.
In the second half, we look at what could be a truly disastrous trip and get to another (non-Toronto) edition of Master Leaf Theatre. Also, Mike tells us about running into several members of the Capitals at the Garden City Hotel and making them feel properly “welcomed” to Long Island.
- Tonight’s Master Leaf Theatre features master Oilers scribe, Mark Spector.
Subscribe to our Patreon! Plans start as low as $2 a month and patrons get ad-free episodes of the shows, bonus podcasts, written posts, discounts and much more.
- Vintage Ice Hockey for t-shirts, hoodies and jerseys with hundreds of classic hockey logos, and our Al Arbour and The Island merch which benefit dementia research. Use the code ANXIETY20 to save 20% off an order of two items.
- The Pinot Project has a Rosé, a Pinot Grigio and a Wine Enthusiast Best Buy Pinot Noir, all under $15 a bottle. Available at local wine stores and UBS Arena.
- Islanders Anxiety podcasts are part of the Fans First Sports Network (@FansFirstSN).
- Theme song: “Morning Haze” by Family Dinner. Hear more of their music on Bandcamp and on Spotify.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety, Weird Islanders: The Podcast! and all of our podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. Leave us a five star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
All Islanders Anxiety podcasts are available on: