Mike and Dan begin their eighth season of Islanders coverage by looking at the preseason and ahead to changes in the team’s media coverage, and making oddly specific predictions.
While Mat Barzal looked like a man on a mission during the exhibition season, his teammates mainly went through the motions. Most importantly, no one was hurt and Kyle Palmieri did eventually return from his still-undisclosed injury. Contrary to popular belief, there were some new faces in camp. Although most of them ended up in Bridgeport this past weekend, they could still play a part in the upcoming season.
In the second half, the hosts examine the home/season opener against Buffalo on Oct. 14 and the many storylines that can be ignited with either a win or a loss. They discuss the terrifying opening month and spending yet another season on the margins. They also cover a shift in the Islanders’ media coverage at The Athletic and the wrong guy at the wrong time who as since moved on.
Finally, we get to some very specific predictions for who could score certain goals, who might be traded, who might come back and just how often some players will see the ice over the next 82 games. No matter what happens, we’ll be right alongside you the entire time.
- The Islanders cut down list after the weekend. No real surprises here.
Subscribe to our Patreon! Plans start as low as $2 a month and patrons get ad-free episodes of the shows, bonus podcasts, written posts, discounts and much more.
- Vintage Ice Hockey for t-shirts, hoodies and jerseys with hundreds of classic hockey logos, and our Al Arbour and The Island merch which benefit dementia research. Use the code ANXIETY20 to save 20% off an order of two items.
- The Pinot Project has a Rosé, a Pinot Grigio and a Wine Enthusiast Best Buy Pinot Noir, all under $15 a bottle. Available at local wine stores and UBS Arena.
- Islanders Anxiety podcasts are part of the Fans First Sports Network (@FansFirstSN).
- Theme song: “Morning Haze” by Family Dinner. Hear more of their music on Bandcamp and on Spotify.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. Leave us a five star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Islanders Anxiety is available on: