The Islanders are back in action and at home tonight to try and stop the undefeated Colorado Avalanche. Good luck with that.
They may have a new line mix or two. They seem certain to still be without one of their top PK blueliners.
- Previewing tonight: The Isles prepare for Colorado’s skill and speed. Scott Mayfield did not skate yesterday, so expect him to be out again. Sure hope the Isles commit no penalties. [Isles]
- Based on practice, we might have Anders Lee back on the top line with Bo and Barzal. [AM NY]
- Meanwhile, it could be Simon Holmstrom and Oliver Wahlstrom flanking J-G Pageau. [THN]
- Prospect Report: Justin Gill had a four-point night, Isaiah George had a two-goal weekend. [Isles]
- Only one game last night — the Sabers lost to the Canadiens — but tonight is a “frozen frenzy” with all 32 teams in action.
- Meanwhile, dig into the NHL’s new tracking-stats site to check player top speeds and stuff like that. The world of data and surveillance is upon us.
- Whoa whoa, calm down, sponsors. Connor McDavid isn’t ruled out for the Heritage Classic (yet). [NHL]
- Bill Armstrong discusses the Coyotes’ rebuild, which he says is in Phase 2. [NHL]