NOTE (THAT WE FORGOT TO MENTION): Weird Islanders: The Podcast! returns for its third season this Friday! We’ve recorded some bangers already so it’s going to be a great slate of episodes featuring some real blasts from the past (and a lotta goalies for some reason).
Mike and Dan recap the Islanders first full week of the season, one that saw some great performances and some bewildering ones.
After dominating the Arizona Coyotes to a deceptive 1-0 win, the Islanders showed a lot of fight against the speedy New Jersey Devils (before a Jack Hughes overtime goal went and ruined everything). A night later in Buffalo, the Islanders were no-shows against a Sabres team they had beaten just a week earlier. While skaters playing on a back-to-back might have had an excuse, the fresh players inserted into the lineup were all but invisible, raising serious questions about how they will fit in going forward.
In the second half, they look ahead to the Islanders upcoming schedule against a recent champion, a young darling and in a house of horrors for them. They also discuss ESPN’s upcoming “Frozen Frenzy” of wall-to-wall hockey coverage (for one night, anyway) and set the stage for another installment of Master Leaf Theatre.
- Frozen Frenzy! We’re not getting our hopes up.
- This week’s Master Leaf Theatre is like Rocky, except there’s no story and everyone sucks.
Subscribe to our Patreon! Plans start as low as $2 a month and patrons get ad-free episodes of the shows, bonus podcasts, written posts, discounts and much more.
- Vintage Ice Hockey for t-shirts, hoodies and jerseys with hundreds of classic hockey logos, and our Al Arbour and The Island merch which benefit dementia research. Use the code ANXIETY20 to save 20% off an order of two items.
- The Pinot Project has a Rosé, a Pinot Grigio and a Wine Enthusiast Best Buy Pinot Noir, all under $15 a bottle. Available at local wine stores and UBS Arena.
- Islanders Anxiety podcasts are part of the Fans First Sports Network (@FansFirstSN).
- Theme song: “Morning Haze” by Family Dinner. Hear more of their music on Bandcamp and on Spotify.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show’s profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. Leave us a five star review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Islanders Anxiety is available on: