Mike and Dan discuss the Islanders moves at the 2022 NHL Entry Draft, including trading their first round pick for defenseman Alexander Romanov.
They talk about the initial confusion at, then acceptance of the deal, and the potential high upside of acquiring the 22-year-old second year player. They also look at the prospects taken in Rounds 2 through 6, and how they represent a new philosophy for the team.
In the second half, they look at some unrestricted free agents who could be available next week who they can and can’t (or maybe don’t want) to see as Islanders.
We’ll be back with one last episode next week before we pack up for the summer. The sooner we record our next episode, the bigger the free agent get.
- The Tsar is here (and maybe that’s okay).
- All the Islanders picks from Rounds 2 through 6. Our coverage is here.
- Corey Pronman wasn’t a fan.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LONGISLAND at checkout to save 10% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.