Mike and Dan tie a bow on the 2021-22 season by talking about the Islanders’ lack of moves, taking stock of where the franchise is now, and answering listener questions.
The super-duper-sized episode starts with a comparison of their feelings about the team from a year ago and today, and how the Isles’ weird, unsuccessful season changes the perception of how they do business. They look at some unrestricted free agents that are still available and who the Islanders may have already signed without telling anyone.
In the second half, they wrap up the discussion about Johnny Gaudreau from last week and wonder how the similar experience Islanders fans went through four years ago somehow isn’t being used as a guide by Flames fans and media.
Finally, they answer questions from listeners about a wide range of topics such as roster moves, favorite random players, goal songs, bad decisions and who to cast for a hypothetical movie about the 2007 Islanders.
Thanks again to everyone who sent in a question and for listening along all season. We’ll be back when the Islanders sign someone or training camp, whichever comes first. Please leave us a review at iTunes and help spread the Anxiety.
- Tough summer for Flames fans. First Johnny Gaudreau leaves and drops the obligatory Players Tribune letter on his way out the door.
- And now Matthew Tkachuk wants out of Calgary, too. Don’t waste your time thinking he’s coming to Long Island.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LONGISLAND at checkout to save 10% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.