Mike and Dan wrap up the Stanley Cup final, look ahead to the draft and talk some trash about ESPN’s first season of hockey in two decades.
With Islanders exhaustion causing them to fall on opposite sides of the watching line, they talk about how the championship series between the Avalanche and Lightning played out, how it made them feel and who they’re happy for. They also look at what’s on tap for the NHL offseason including some coach hirings and one important coach hiatus.
In the second half, they wonder if the Islanders will make a move at the upcoming NHL draft and what longstanding player might end up being the most logical odd man out. They also talk about the lackluster broadcast presentation of ESPN and how more can often be less when it comes to hockey.
Finally, they remember a special performance by an Islanders draft pick that gives them a little hope for the future.
- Congrats to William Dufour on a monster game for the ages. Now bring that Memorial Cup home this Wednesday.
- You take all the time you need, Barry.
- You tell ‘em, Nazim.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LONGISLAND at checkout to save 10% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.