Mike and Dan revel in the New York Rangers’ demise after a terrifying playoff run, and look around the NHL at what could be a very active offseason.
They talk about how the Rangers lost four straight games to the Lightning after going up two games to none and what eventually did them in, as well as the many questions they have coming up this offseason that might put Islanders fan minds at ease. Later, they look at another surprising coach firing and some possible trade targets and free agents that the Islanders could plausibly be in on (if those players are actually available).
Along the way they laugh about differences in entitlement, curious lineup decisions that carry the potential for catastrophe, and how hard it is to make the NHL’s third-winningest coach a finalist for your team’s coaching vacancy.
Oh, and the Islanders made a couple of small moves last week, too. No, for real.
- The one sentence announcement that two of the Islanders’ assistant coaches have been let go.
- An Alex Debrincat trade sounds pretty dumb for the Blackhawks. But good for the Islanders (or whoever gets him).
- A Pasta trade? What is this, Olive Garden?
- The Offside is back, baby (soon).
#weback pic.twitter.com/v1mS1pHvdb— Offside (@Offside_Tavern) June 8, 2022
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LONGISLAND at checkout to save 10% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.