In their 200th episode, Mike and Dan reflect on the Islanders season, the exit interviews of the players and their unique brand of interaction with listeners.
They quickly recap the last two weeks of games, which include good performances, bad performances, games with a mix of both and one memorable (and possibly final) game for a legend. They also react to the players’ final interviews and the introspective things they said about their individual seasons, the team’s lack of production on the ice and their futures with the team.
Finally, they look back on 200 episodes and all of the ups, downs and in-betweens they’ve seen over that time. Stay tuned to hear a special announcement for our next Anxiety episode, airing in two weeks.
Thanks to all our listeners, whether you’ve made it through all 200 episodes or are just experiencing true Islanders offseason anxiety for the first time.
- Here’s (part of) the Chara celebration again. Regardless of how his season went, this was cool to see.
- All of the exit interviews are worth watching, but Barzal’s was on the one that got the most attention (in a good way).
- This week’s closing song is “You’re So Cool” by Family Dinner. Listen to them on Spotify and catch them on tour soon. Here’s the video for the song from the EP of the same name.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LONGISLAND at checkout to save 10% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.