Mike and Dan examine the Islanders naming Lane Lambert head coach and some stories from the first round of the playoffs before answering listener questions.
Over almost two full hours, they look at the pros, cons and (mostly) unknowns of elevating the long time assistant coach to the big chair and what it might mean for the players who were looking for a “new voice,” according to GM Lou Lamoriello. After that, they look at the winners and losers of the first round including two very high profile teams that can’t seem to win four measly games when it counts and one that apparently also plays in a different reality altogether.
The second half is dedicated to many great questions sent in by listeners, covering everything from trades and free agents to tears of joy and hot dogs. Thanks to everyone who sent in questions. Maybe the next one will happen before another 202 episodes.
- Lane Lambert’s introductory presser. Sounds like Lou Lamoriello may regret that whole “new voice” thing.
- Step into a whole different parallel universe where a team that lost a playoff series actually somehow won because they’re just so gosh darn swell.
- Thanks again to everyone for the great questions!
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LONGISLAND at checkout to save 10% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.