Mike and Dan recap a spectacularly bad weekend for the Islanders and discuss GM Lou Lamoriello’s words following the trade deadline.
They look back at losses to the Bruins and Lightning that prove once again that this iteration of the Islanders simply can’t beat the NHL’s best this season, even when they give it their all. They also recap wins against the Senators and Red Wings that that prove once again that this iteration of the Islanders is better than the rest of the NHL’s non-playoff teams.
In the second half, they parse Lamoriello’s press availabilities after the deadline and what it might mean for the wingers who have had disappointing seasons. They ask what kind of player Oliver Wahlstrom wants to be, whether Anthony Beauvillier can make himself untradeable, why there’s no help coming from the minors and how to stop Lamoriello from dressing like a funeral director.
- No idea why MSG hasn’t posted the entire interview that Shannon Hogan did with Lou Lamoriello but here’s a snippet:
- And here’s his full press avail after the deadline if you missed it last week.
- Lou also held a Q&A for season ticket holders on Sunday and had a few other things to say. From Newsday: ““We don’t like where we are today,” Lamoriello said. “I don’t mind hearing boos. We need to hear that.”
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.