Mike and Dan recap the 2022 NHL Trade deadline, in which the Islanders made zero (0) trades but two (2) signings.
They talk about the philosophy in bringing back Cal Clutterbuck and Zach Parise, and how the franchise is (unsurprisingly) going to ride with this group until the wheels come off. They talk about the positives of not making any drastic moves, while at the same time knowing that the team will need upgrades to get back to where it was the previous three seasons.
In the second half, they cover (some of) the rest of deadline moves, many of which helped the Islanders’ Metro Division rivals get better in the short term. They look at how some players can help their new teams, a few guys that didn’t move and a few deals they don’t quite understand.
Along the way they cover GM beefs, the annual trade deadline TV extravaganzas and, oh yeah, the four entire games the Islanders played last week. Almost forgot about those.
- The full list of NHL trades from this year’s deadline. We probably didn’t mention half of them.
- Lou Lamoriello’s availability after the deadline concluded. As usual, he doesn’t say much but there is some insight to be found.
- TSN’s Geno Reda doesn’t sound like a fan of what the Leafs did at the deadline:
Gino Reda meltdown it all it’s glory. Part 1 pic.twitter.com/I6gZBeT98q— NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) March 21, 2022
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.