Mike and Dan discuss the Islanders’ embarrassing loss to expansion Seattle just before the All Star Break and the important road trips that will determine where their season goes next.
They wonder if the Islanders are simply too exhausted after several mentally taxing seasons in a row and how a truly lost season could impact the franchise going forward. They talk about accurate and misguided criticisms of the coaches, playing “the kids” and how the Islanders are a collection of three separate cores from various eras. In the second half, they look at the upcoming schedule and see games the Islanders could win if things change from how they have unfolded so far.
Finally, they talk about the recent All Star Game, Adam Pelech’s performance with the NHL’s elite and the league’s never-ending quest to be relevant outside of Canada.
Sadly, we forgot to talk about the loss of Austin Czarnik on waivers. Alas.
Oh, and Mike and his wife Emily had a baby.
- None, but you should check out I Think You Should Leave on Netflix.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.