Mike and Dan look again at the Islanders’ maddening pattern of wins and lamentable losses, and how their trade deadline will affect their overall direction.
They talk about how the Islanders looked more like the Sabres than the Sabres did in their loss in Buffalo, and how a loss to a goalie who hadn’t played in the NHL in four years was all but guaranteed well before Sunday’s loss to Montreal. In between was a win over Boston that reminded fans of the team they could be when it plays its game to the fullest (or close to it).
Later they discuss what players could move at the trade deadline and how most national writers miss the point by looking at the Islanders’ CapFriendly page and not at the infinite number of layers underneath the roster. If you want to know, talk to well-adjusted Islanders fans (like us!).
Note 1: Sorry about Dan’s audio. He should have checked which device Zencastr was pointing to before he started recording.
Note 2: Carter Hutton got traded to the Leafs just after we finished recording.
- Thanks again to Rod for the great email and picture. If you’re ever in Moose Jaw, Sask., look up the Clark Gillies Recreation Area!
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us another fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.