Howdy folks. Apologies for the lack of Bits this morning. Unfortunately, we are all extremely busy at the moment.
But we didn’t want to leave you in the dark; it is a Gameday, after all. So we have a few links to tide you over until the puck drops tonight in Edmonton. This piece will also serve as tonight’s game thread.
- Some keys to tonight’s game, as the Islanders try to maintain momentum. [Islanders]
- In other words, they want Wednesday’s success to carry over to tonight. [Newsday]
- Trying to find that momentum at all involved some blended lines. [amNY] Curious to see how/if Kyle Palmieri works into the lineup now that he’s back from paternity leave.
Morning skate in Edmonton. pic.twitter.com/zCn5Z9TkV7— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) February 11, 2022
- And it also required Barry Trotz to reflect on the job that he has done this season; he wasn’t happy with himself over the break. [The Athletic]
- Stan Fischler spoke with Eric Hornick about celebrating his 40th anniversary as the Isles’ broadcast statistician. You have to scroll down to find it, though. But don’t go too fast; there’s a lot of good stuff in there. [THN]
Thursday’s NHL scores. The Carolina Hurricanes did us a huge solid by waxing the Boston Bruins on the road, 6-0. Just last month, the Hurricanes blew the Bruins’ doors off in Boston on Willie O’Ree Night; Carolina won 7-1, and Tuukka Rask (now-retired) gave up five goals in the first period. The more things change, the more they stay the same, am I right, folks?
- Dave Tippett was mercifully fired as coach of the Oilers on Thursday. He was replaced with the Oilers’ AHL team’s coach, Jay Woodcroft. Tonight is his debut. [NHL]
- And boy does he have a lot of work to do. [NHL]
- All eyes are on Claude Giroux and Marc-André Fleury ahead of the March 21 Trade Deadline. [ESPN]