However, the Islanders could really use a win tonight. They have lost two straight and have gone 2-4-1 since their four-game winning streak around Thanksgiving while almost everyone around them in the standings keeps winning.
FIGs go here. Puck drop is at 9:30 p.m. ET.
- A preview of tonight’s game in Tempe, Arizona. [Islanders]
- The Isles practiced at Mullett Arena yesterday to get the feel of the small building. [Islanders]
- They placed Adam Pelech on IR, retroactively to December 6, so he can come off whenever he’s ready. [Isles DTD]
- The roster move could mean either they called up a defenseman or more likely, based on line rushes, Kyle Palmieri is ready to come off IR and suit up. Sounds like Anthony Beauvillier is ready, too. [Newsday]
#Isles lines at practice— Andrew Gross (@AGrossNewsday) December 15, 2022
Sorokin in the starter’s net.
Anthony Beauvillier and Kyle Palmieri continue to take line rushes on Brock Nelson and J-G Pageau’s lines, respectively.— Andrew Gross (@AGrossNewsday) December 15, 2022
D-pairs stay same:
Sorokin still manning the starter’s net.
- After a hot stretch, the Islanders’ power play has sputtered over the last five games. [Newsday]
- Taking stock of the Islanders. [The Athletic]
- The B-Isles played some of the AHL’s top teams this past week and came away with only one win, but they’re still in good shape. [Bridgeport Report]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Rangers giving the Leafs their first regulation loss in forever, the Penguins and the Hurricanes winning again, and thankfully, a Capitals regulation loss to Dallas. Also, the I-guess-you-can-call-them-streaky Devils lost their fourth straight, this time to the Flyers!
- Mitch Marner’s point streak came to an end in Toronto’s loss. [NHL]
- The league is apparently investigating increasing games between geographical rivals, but not as many as eight times as originally reported. [Sportico | Chris Johnston]
- Bo Horvat is probably getting traded. That and more in Not Quite 32 Thoughts.
- Trevor Moore signed a five-year contract extension with the Los Angeles Kings. [NHL]
- In a world of content, we must analyze the trade deadline, even though it’s three months away. [E$PN+]