The Columbus Blue Jackets, even with Johnny Gaudreau and Patrik Laine, are not very good. They also just lost their top defenseman, Zach Werenski, for the entire rest of the season with a separated shoulder and torn labrum. And, hey, they’re here to play the New York Islanders.
Unfortunately, folks, I do not have time for a full post. But I will throw this up with a couple of links. Leave your FIGs here.
- A preview of tonight’s game: It’s the Isles’ Hockey Fights Cancer Night. [Islanders]
- As such, we have an article of Bryan Trottier cherishing the memories he shared with Clark Gillies, Mike Bossy, and Jean Potvin, all of whom passed away from the disease. [Islanders]
- It sounds like the Islanders have the same reaction to each loss that we do: Don’t let this become a streak. That 11-gamer last year is still fresh in their minds. [Newsday]
- Looking like the same lineup tonight.
Johnston, Soshnikov and Salo are still on the ice.— Stefen Rosner (@stefen_rosner) November 12, 2022
Looks like Cal Clutterbuck will be back in but warmups will tell us for sure. #Isles
- Last night’s NHL scores include the Penguins beating the Maple Leafs in the Hall of Fame game and the Capitals feasting on the Lightning. Great, more Metro teams collecting points.
- Martin Brodeur has moved from the business side to the hockey side, and is now a VP of Hockey Operations for the New Jersey Devils. Pierre LeBrun has more on his new role. [The Athletic]