Mike and Dan recap the Islanders’ long-awaited signings, and Mike catches the off-Broadway play partially based on the podcast.
They discuss the pros, cons (mostly pros) and quotes from the re-signings of Anthony Beauvillier, Kyle Palmieri, Casey Cizikas and Ilya Sorokin, and how this summer stacks up over other Islanders’ offseasons. They also rejoice in the expected signing of Zach Parise, which will make up for the mistake of not drafting him all those years ago.
Later, they discuss the previous signing of Adam Pelech, and the hole still on defense after the Nick Leddy trade.
Finally, Mike tells the tale of watching Islander - The Play, a mostly one-man off-Broadway show that includes material from the podcast, and the way it was described versus the way it was actually presented.
- The signings of the day and their various numbers. The news came out of the clear blue sky.
- Arthur Staple on what the signings mean for today and the future.
- Videos and more! Beauvillier, Palmieri and the very quotable Casey Cizikas.
- The New York Times article previewing Islander - the Play.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” by The Rolling Stones. RIP the one and only Charlie Watts.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.