Before we get to the, well, “news” such as it is on a mid-August day, if you have a moment please take our Lighthouse Hockey community survey. This is conducted by the product team (so not us, and all the tyrannical moderators) to help understand readers’ needs and preferences when reading and commenting.
It’s quick. You can learn a little more here. Or go directly to take the survey here. Thanks! As always, there will be no money involved, but on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness, and the product team’s infinite gratitude.
The Isles published their preseason schedule. As previously noted by Lou Lamoriello, home games will take place in Bridgeport. That’s half of the six-game schedule. Tickets to those games at Webster Bank Arena will go on sale to the general public on Friday, August 20, at 10 a.m. But there are some other details and “priority” presale notes in the announcement. [Isles]
- Sun, Sept. 26, 7 pm, vs. New York Rangers, Madison Square Garden
- Tues, Sept. 28, 7 pm, vs. Philadelphia Flyers, Wells Fargo Center
- Sat, Oct. 2, 2 pm, vs. New Jersey Devils, Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport
- Tues, Oct. 5, 7 pm, vs. Philadelphia Flyers, Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport
- Thurs, Oct. 7, 7 pm, vs. New Jersey Devils, Prudential Center
- Sat, Oct. 9, 7 pm, vs. New York Rangers, Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport
Enjoy this Billy Smith tribute (if you are a “Sure, I can hear some Billy Joel” type, that is):
Here’s a 1983 WOR-TV music video tribute to #isles Billy Smith and his amazing 1983 #stanleycupfinal performance vs. the loaded Oilers. Set the music of another LI Billy, Billy Joel and his 1982 hit “Pressure”. Footage (c) @NYIslanders & @nhl Music (c) Billy Joel & Columbia. #lgi pic.twitter.com/M7fKsffKiA— IslesHistoryToday (@IslesHistorical) August 15, 2021
- The latest “avoids arbitration” RFA announcement is the Predators and goalie Juuse Saros agreeing to a four-year, $20 million deal. [TSN]
- Add Kevin Fiala and the Wild to that list. One year, $5.1 million. [Sportsnet | NHL]
- The Canucks are betting on Oliver Ekman-Larsson rebounding in a big way. Their bet sure better pay off, or else they’re kind of screwed. [TSN]
- Joe Thornton is pretty excited about joining the Panthers. [NHL]
- Here’s a deeper look at the Panthers, who have a question mark in goal with a promising 20-year-old and an underperforming veteran on a gargantuan contract. [NHL]