Mike and Dan recap the Islanders dramatic Game 6 win over the Lightning and vent their anxieties over Game 7.
They talk about the ways in which the Islanders and their fans go against societal norms, the catharsis of Anthony Beauvillier’s overtime goal, the reactions to their post-game celebration and learning to trust in their team again. They recount each of the goals and moments in the game, including the torturous intermission before overtime and “waiting to wait.”
Later, they look ahead to Game 7 and some of the pluses and minuses the Islanders have in front of them, such as the memories of a disastrous Game 5 in the same building.
Finally, they talk about Lou Lamoriello winning his second NHL GM of the Year Award, the complaints about playoff officiating and how much fun it is when the Islanders piss people off.
- Barry getting philosophical again.
- GM of the Year. Again. According to the other GMs.
- Everybody wants to be the bad guy.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Hysteria” by Def Leppard.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.