Mike and Dan cover the ups, downs, heroes and goats of first two games of the Islanders-Bruins series.
They talk about the Islanders being overmatched in Game 1 against the rested Bruins, as well as Boston’s off-ice officials, before discussing how the team turned around their fortunes with a solid Game 2 performance and a long-awaited overtime goal by Casey Cizikas. They cover some of the chess moves made by both coaches and what they’re looking for as the series shifts to Long Island.
In the second half, they step up to throw more dirt on a certain North Division team whose season came to an end moments before the Islanders tied their second round series. Also, Mike gives us an update of how he and his Bruins fan wife are handling the series so far.
They also crown a final winner of some eBay swag. Thanks to everyone who left a review!
- Great video of Cizikas’ goal and his teammates’ reactions.
- In his off day presser, Barry Trotz says coughing up the lead in Game 2 may have taught the Islanders a valuable lesson.
- Justin Bourne on what the Leafs have and what they need.
- Iain MacIntyre talks about the Bruins and Islanders while also talking about the Leafs for some reason.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Rock and Roll” by Led Zeppelin.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.