Mike and Dan look ahead to the Islanders first round playoff series against the Penguins and reasons to be optimistic (or doubtful).
They talk about the Islanders getting another chance to start fresh and whether they can have the same kind of success they had last season after a similar reset. They also talk about the Penguins’ puck luck, persecution complex and media advantages against the Islanders going back decades.
Later, they discuss the name and logo change for the Islanders’ AHL affiliate and look at some playoff match-ups from around the NHL.
Warning: Tortorella is in the area. Be alert.
Leave us a review on iTunes and include your Twitter handle in the review for a final chance at winning some Islanders eBay swag.
- Arthur Staple and three Penguins writers talk about the series and how good the Penguins are this season. In other words, the usual.
- Arthur, AJ and special guest Shannon Hogan break down the season, the excitement of the playoffs and the joys of working with Butch Goring on the No Sleep Til Belmont podcast.
- Cal Clutterbuck sounds excited to take another crack at the Cup.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead” by Warren Zevon.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.