The New York Islanders had Easter Sunday off, so we’ll get any injury updates — such as they are shared — today after Ross Johnston left for good and Oliver Wahlstrom spent time away during Saturday’s shootout win over the Flyers.
All of which is prep for the next meeting with the Capitals on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the Devils held Kyle Palmieri out of their latest game in what his agent confirmed is precaution in anticipation of a trade in the next days or weeks. So, that watch is on...
- Reporters have tried to get him to open up about it, but mostly Matt Martin isn’t biting. Still, nice to see him flashing a little more range in his new role as a net-front guy on the power play. [Newsday]
- If/whether going after Palmieri or Taylor Hall, the Isles can’t go wrong. [Isles Blog]
- Larry Brooks rambles about random things, including brief praise for the Isles’ fourth line, Oliver Wahlstrom, and the always-fun shot at the Bruins for passing on Barzal. [Post]
- Some reflections on fans returning to the Coliseum. [Isles Blog]
As yesterday was the Easter Epic anniversary, here’s a look at a podcast with Noel talking so several figures:
Check out the Easter Epic special we did for 30th anniversary a few years ago on the #isles buzz podcast with interviews with @CiC16foundation @KellyHrudey @StanFischler @ehornick Gord Dinnen and Jiggs McDonald— Noel Fogelman (@thefirstnoel19) April 4, 2021
Last night’s NHL scores include the Capitals being heavily outshot by the Devils but prevailing, 5-4, to sweep the eight-game season series. Also, the Panthers won their sixth in a row and are atop their division, even without Aaron Ekblad.
- The Canucks’ Covid nightmare grows as their members on the list now number at least 20, which sends a chill through the rest of the North-of-the-border division. [Sportsnet | TSN]
- Meanwhile, Rick Bowness was pulled from the bench in the middle of the Stars’ game, but the organization thinks it’s a false positive since he’s been vaccinated. [Sportsnet | NHL | TSN]
- Adjusting to being traded can really suck. [Sportsnet]