The New York Islanders host the Washington Capitals for the final time this season tonight at the Coliseum. It is the second of this three-game series between the Islanders and Capitals; Game 1 went to Washington in a shootout.
Game 2 figures to be another tight game between two clubs battling for position within the East Division.
- The team site previews tonight’s game.
- If the Islanders keep plugging away, they should be able to handle the Capitals. [Newsday]
- Arthur Staple ranked the potential playoff opponents from who we’d most like to see to who we’d least like to see. [The Athletic]
- UBS Arena is a love letter to Islanders fans. [WFAN]
- LISTEN: Andrew Gross toured the new building and gave us a taste. [Newsday]
- The ECHL and the Worcester Railers will return to play next year. [Telegram]
- Keeping the retro theme going, the Islanders took pictures with disposable cameras of the team wearing the reverse retro jerseys. [Islanders]
- This week, Stan Fischler regales us with the tale of how the Sutter brothers landed in Uniondale. [Maven’s Memories]
- LISTEN: A new podcast! Talkin’ Isles presented by the Islanders. Bob Nystrom is the first guest.
- It’s almost here!
Now: Sounds of construction— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) April 23, 2021
Soon: Cheers from the best fans in hockey #Isles season tickets at @UBSArena are almost sold out. Lock up your seats for next season before they are gone: https://t.co/YDlhnpKXkj pic.twitter.com/RTG9Dzbg3g
- The Calgary Flames beat the Montreal Canadiens; the game nearly did not occur due to a COVID-19 scare. [Sportsnet]
- The Detroit Red Wings lost both Dylan Larkin and Tyler Bertuzzi for the season. [NHL]
- Jakob Silfverberg will be out 4-6 months after hip surgery. [NHL]
- Tim Thomas wants to reconnect with the game of hockey. [The Athletic]
- P.K. Subban revealed that he has tested positive for COVID-19. [Sportsnet]