It’s here! The Islanders and Capitals begin their trilogy tonight at the Coliseum. This three-game set is humanely spaced, with the second game Saturday, also on Long Island, and the finale Tuesday in D.C.
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight here.
- Previewing tonight: The Caps are rested, having last played on Sunday. [Isles]
- The Isles, Caps and Penguins each have 10 games left. Pittsburgh’s schedule looks easiest. And then over here you’ve got the Bruins with 12 to go. Anything can happen still. Come schedule-dwell and fret, won’t you? [LHH] These three games could determine the division. [NY Sports Day]
- Some serious chalk talk on how the Pelech-Pulock pairing is so good, in all three zones. [Josh Mallory]
- The Islanders have launched a regular podcast, Talkin’ Isles, and the first guest is Mr. Islander, Bobby Nystrom. [Isles]
- Back-to-back wins for the first time calls for a Bridgeport Report. [Isles] The Sound Tigers have one more rescheduling. [BST]
- The Isles, Upper Deck and Butch Goring are supporting the Earth Day initiative of a Stony Brook resident. [Newsday]
- Podcast: On the final 10 games, Ilya Sorokin’s great rookie season and more. [Nassaumen]
- This Mathew Barzal lighthouse (and wave! and flow!) bobblehead takes it up to 11. [FOCO]
Yesterday’s NHL scores included just four games, none involving the Eastern Division.
- One of the takeaways from yesterday’s GM meeting: Teams urged to continue following protocols. [NHL]
- Afterward, Robin Lehner ranted a bit about the isolation of the NHL’s regular protocol even after players have been vaccinated, but then clarified a bit on Twitter. [Post]
- Various thoughts, Canucks hopes. [31 Thoughts]
- The Devils have missed the playoffs again. There are many causes. [NHL]
- What to make of their rebuild? And does their former MVP have a future with the Bruins? [NHL mailbag]
- For the second consecutive year, the IIHF Women’s World Championship is canceled, due to Covid hosting issues in Nova Scotia. Mind you, they’ve found alternative locations for several men’s tourneys of various ages, so... [IIHF]