Mike and Dan worry about the Islanders’ recent lackluster play with six (6!) games against the Rangers and Capitals looming on the horizon.
They wonder aloud about why the team hasn’t played that well lately, what lineup changes can me made to possibly make a positive impact and how Ilya Sorokin’s shutout win over the Flyers gave everyone a moment of peace. Facing a team directly ahead of them and a team making a fierce charge for the playoffs makes them feel pressure they hoped to avoid this season.
Later, they change directions for a few minutes to discuss the idea of a Super League in soccer and how a proposed NHL version would be a hilarious inevitability from up north.
Don’t forget to leave a review at iTunes with your Twitter handle to enter for a chance to win some Islanders eBay swag.
- Arthur Staple’s look at six things that could be ailing the Islanders. Only six?
- Defector’s Billy Hailsey on the Super League announcement and what it means to soccer and the world of sports at large.
- “That’s hockey, man.” Is it really, coach?
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “What Have You Done for Me Lately?” by Janet Jackson.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.