Mike and Dan celebrate Ilya Sorokin stealing the Islanders a win and look at some possible trade targets.
They recap a week in which the Islanders mostly looked tired and ineffective but came away with four points, thanks in large part to a couple of rookies. They examine the levity/gravity ratio of first liner (!) Leo Komarov and the joys of seeing Thomas Hickey again.
Later, they run down a list of players who could potentially be moved before the deadline including the obvious (Taylor Hall, Kyle Palmieri), the not so obvious (Ryan Getzlaf, Andrew Cogliano) and the please don’t (Anthony Beauvillier).
Don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes and include your Twitter handle for a shot at winning some for yourself next month.
- Arthur Staple’s “Who Says No?” article about potential trades for the Islanders. Some of these... woof.
- Thanks to Carl for sending us this picture of the eBay swag he won back in January. Leave us a review on iTunes with your Twitter handle in it and something as cool as this could be yours!
- Steve Simmons, everybody!
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Symphony No. 9” by some guy named Beethoven.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.