Mike and Dan examine the Islanders’ wild weekend series against the Devils, their winning streak and the attention the team is starting to get from around the NHL.
They talk about the Islanders finally reaching the Bruins’ level after years of trying, the injury to Anders Lee and all he means to the team and the breakout performance of Kieffer Bellows in the games immediately following. They also recount a crazy Sunday that saw a player return from out of nowhere and the trust Barry Trotz instills in his charges, even when they’re not in the lineup.
Later, they shake their fists at national media finally noticing the Islanders’ talent after three seasons of success and wonder how ESPN will cover the NHL when it takes command of the league’s broadcasting.
Don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes and include your Twitter handle for a shot at winning some for yourself next month.
- The ESPN article by Emily Kaplan about the Islanders at the halfway mark of the season.
- Dom at The Athletic notices Pelech-Pulock.
- Monday’s 31 Thoughts podcast featuring about five minutes on the Islanders about 25 minutes in.
- This great article on Anders Lee’s agility training by Arthur Staple immediately preceded his injury.
- This unfortunate article on how the Islanders can use Lee’s LTIR to add salary at the deadline immediately succeeded his injury. It was a rough weekend.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Tonight, Tonight” by Smashing Pumpkins.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.