I, like the Sabres, would like to know why the Devils were allowed to play this weekend despite not yet receiving the results of some of their COVID-19 tests. New Jersey already knew that they had players infected—Travis Zajac did not play Saturday for precautionary COVID-19 reasons.
Think NHL is going to have to answer as to why, at very least, Sunday's Devils-Sabres game was allowed to be played. Teams also played Saturday.— Andrew Gross (@AGrossNewsday) February 2, 2021
Welp, all we can do for now is bicker.
- WATCH: Barry Trotz spoke to the media after the league announced the postponements. As one might expect for Trotz, he prepared for it. He also believes Brock Nelson’s game will come back. [Islanders]
- They had to “adjust” their routine for the day. So it goes. [Islanders]
- This extra time ought to give the Isles some time to break down why they have not played well. [Empire Sports Media]
- LISTEN: On this episode of Islanders Anxiety, Mike and Dan commiserate about the lousy week had by the Islanders. [LHH]
- LISTEN: And on this episode of No Sleep Til Belmont, Arthur Staple and A.J. Mleczko chat about the postponement, Nelson, and J-G Pageau’s rotating wings, and answer mailbag questions.
- Sound Tigers play-by-play broadcaster Alan Fuehring previews the upcoming Bridgeport season, one in which they play only two other teams. [YouTube]
Last night’s NHL scores, from games that actually happened, include the Canadiens continuing to roll against the Canucks and the Hurricanes defeating the Blackhawks in a shootout.
- As I hinted above, the postponements have caused concern around the league and especially with the Sabres. [31 Thoughts]
- Tony DeAngelo will sit at home until he is traded like the good little man-child he is. [NHL]
- Patrik Laine recorded 0 points in his Blue Jackets debut as Columbus got stomped by the Stars, who look like a machine right now. [NHL]
- Avalanche star Nathan MacKinnon has a lower-body injury and was listed as week-to-week. [NHL]
- The Athletic’s story on the Connecticut Whale leaving the NWHL bubble.
- New Jersey man receives in the mail a shipment of Zdeno Chara’s hockey sticks. A sentence I never thought I would type. [ESPN]