The Islanders return to the ice tonight, hosting the Boston Bruins. They have won their previous two meetings with Boston, both in regulation. Can they keep that train rolling?
Hope you like podcasts!
- The Islanders will welcome back to the Coliseum its season ticket holders. Starting March 18, the building may fill to 10% capacity. [Newsday | Islanders]
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau has come as advertised and more; a true do-it-all player. [Newsday]
- Austin Czarnik may not have played much this season, but he has looked good when he has. [Islanders]
- LISTEN: In this episode of Islanders Anxiety, Mike and Dan are both fired up and frustrated about the most recent stretch of games. [LHH]
- LISTEN: In this episode of PTIsles, Joe and Noel are joined by Christian Arnold, of NYI Hockey Now, to talk about the wins over the Sabres and Pageau. [LHH]
- LISTEN: And in this episode of Island Ice, Andrew Gross welcomes Nassau County Executive Laura Curran to discuss fans returning to the Coliseum. [Newsday]
I guess they practice in black helmets now?
Wednesdays at the office! pic.twitter.com/NhQ0p1Z8Po— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) February 24, 2021
- The Canadiens yesterday morning fired head coach Claude Julien and associate coach Kirk Muller (LOL). Dominique Ducharme has taken over on an interim basis. [NHL]
- Pierre LeBrun has more on the Julien firing, as well as updates on Rod Brind’Amour’s potential extension and an update about the draft. [The Athletic]
- What happens to a team when it replaces a coach mid-season? Often, there is the ol’ dead cat bounce right after the change. But Justin Bourne takes it a step further. [Sportsnet]
- Sharks forward Tomas Hertl and Rangers defenseman K’Andre Miller joined the COVID-19 protocols list. [Sportsnet]
- While Sunday’s Lake Tahoe game played, a couple got married. And took pictures with Gritty. [ESPN]
- The Penguins claimed off waivers a defenseman named Mark Friedman. Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, who happens to have the same last name, reported it on Twitter. Hilarity ensued. [RMNB]