Mike and Dan are fired up and frustrated about the Islanders last few games, who to trust and who organized an office Christmas party before a game in February.
They seethe about them playing well in losses and poorly in wins, Sidney Crosby’s 1,000th game, North Division fixation and what to make of the Islanders’ difficult next month. Later, they cast an eye towards expensive wayward Sabre Jeff Skinner, recently-waived former hero Frans Nielsen and his era of Islanders hockey, and the sad summer of 2016 that still looms large over a number of NHL franchises.
And, hey: who turned off the power plays?
Don’t forget to leave a review at iTunes and include your Twitter handle for a shot at winning an Islanders eBay item.
- Oh man. This is gonna suck.
Isles begin the busiest 19-game stretch in their history this Thursday when they Boston. If played as scheduled, it will be 19 games in 33 days from 2/25 to 3/29 (no consecutive days off in streak). #Isles are scheduled to be off 3/30-3/31. At least for now.— Eric Hornick (@ehornick) February 23, 2021
- Travis Yost tries to figure out what the hell is wrong with Jeff Skinner.
- Arthur Staple on what Adam Pelech might make on his next contract.
- Jeff and Elliotte on turtlenecks, North Division hate and other stuff. Again, the lack of defense isn’t why people hate that division, guys. Take a look in the mirror.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk (ft. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers).
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.