Mike and Dan talk about the Islanders’ return to form and point streak and later, chat about a special new Mat Barzal bobblehead figure.
They discuss the back-to-back wins against the Sabres, including Ilya Sorokin’s first career NHL win and shutout and how lineup changes have added hope for the future to the team’s already established structure. They also look ahead to the two games against the Penguins, and a chance to put a somewhat shaky rival on even more uneven footing, and lament the sad state of hockey media on both sides of the border.
Finally, they speak with Anthony Davino from FOCO, a collectables company with a new limited edition Mat Barzal bubble hockey bobblehead figure that you can pre-order today.
Don’t forget to leave a review at iTunes and include your Twitter handle for a shot at winning an Islanders eBay item.
- Here is the link to the Mat Barzal bubble hockey bobblehead. If you want one, do not wait. Pre-order today so you can get one of the limited supply. Thanks again to Anthony for coming on and chatting with us.
- It’s really cool looking:
- wow. huge news. tear out the front page.
Jimmy Vesey just had another long on-ice chat with a member of the #leafs coaching staff -- his third in 10 days. This time it was with assistant Manny Malhotra. pic.twitter.com/hq2FGqmhYU— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) February 17, 2021
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Toys in the Attic” by Aerosmith.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.