Mike and Dan breath a sigh of relief as the Islanders win an actual game and start putting points together. They just need to keep doing that.
They talk about a big win in Ottawa in which they finally looked like themselves again and the three extra inning losses that preceded it that had some good signs as well. They discuss the elevated recent play of Noah Dobson and the possible return of that elusive teammate - Lady Luck.
Later, they look ahead to games against the Predators and Devils, the placing of Anatolii Golyshev on unconditional waivers and the midday fury about it, and welcome a new addition to the Islanders beat. Good luck, man.
- Whether he realizes it or not, Nick Holden gets it.
“That was kind of a weird game, I didn’t feel like we gave them much and then they’d score a goal,” said Holden. “I think they had three goals on 12 shots and it’s one of those games where you almost feel defeated because they’re scoring, but you’re not giving them a bunch.”
- Welcome aboard, Kevin Kurz. We’ll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.