Mike and Dan recap a big win and a tough loss, and hash out the Islanders’ recent play and current identity (or lack thereof).
Their spirits are high after a matter-of-fact victory over New Jersey - the Islanders’ first at their new home and featuring the first goal of the season for Zach Parise - which followed a last second defeat against Nashville which featured a myriad of mistakes. They also examine the growing criticisms of Barry Trotz, how the Islanders have largely been lacking the successful style that he installed years ago, and how the many unfortunate circumstances of this season have forced changes from the coach that have people scratching their heads.
Later, they ramble about the remarks another NHL coach made recently and how they relate to the never-ending “Growing the Game” conversation that never seems to actually grow the game.
Finally, Mike gets us all hyped for the Darts World Championship.
- Saturday’s win was so big they made a movie about it:
- Here are John Tortorella’s comments in case you missed them:
Torts adds if he were coaching and a player did that he'd have a talk with him after the game.— NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) December 11, 2021
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Vintage Ice Hockey.com has t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and more featuring over 100 classic hockey logos Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Vintage Ice Hockey also carries our Al Arbour tribute shirts, and our portion of the sales are donated directly to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order.
- Betway is the official betting partner of the NHL. Play Big Pick for free or play for real (residents in NJ, PA, CO, ID, IA only). Please play responsibly.
- Try wines from The Pinot Project. Delicious Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio and Rose, all under $15. Available at local wine shops and at UBS Arena.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.