In the meantime, we wait! It’s now November 2021, the month that shall be henceforth known as the month that the Islanders’ new home opened.
- Even though Semyon Varlamov is ready to go, expect Ilya Sorokin to get the net when the Isles visit the Habs later this week. Barry Trotz wants to keep him in his rhythm. [Newsday]
- Anders Lee talks about recovering from his torn ACL and others talk about how his hard work influenced them. [The Athletic]
- After a pretty strong start to the season, the
Sound TigersB-Isles got waxed by the Wolf Pack yesterday. [B-Isles]
- ESPN predicted who would be the top 100 players of the 2021-22 season. A few Isles make the list, with Mathew Barzal up at no. 18. No Adam Pelech, though.
“It’s not every day you get to work on a job like @UBSArena - being that it’s so high quality, high class, state of the art.”— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) October 31, 2021
Learn about how the ice was installed at our new home ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/Bkg3dKGB0U
- Ryan Getzlaf passed Teemu Selanne for most points all-time in an Anaheim Ducks uniform as his team beat the Canadiens. [TSN | NHL]
- That loss highlighted the Habs’ lack of center depth, with which they have struggled for years. Keep those struggles coming, baby—at least through Thursday. [Sportsnet]
- Meanwhile, across the continent, the Calgary Flames are rolling, having won six straight thanks in large part to Jacob Markstrom rediscovering his top form. [Sportsnet]
- Feels like there has been a lot of guys in COVID-19 protocol so far this season. [NHL Buzz]
- Rule 48, preventing headshots, is ten years old. While the league still has a ways to go, it certainly has come a long way with the help of this rule. [ESPN]