Mike and Dan discuss the Islanders goalie situation as Semyon Varlamov misses more preseason games, then turn their attention towards a secret UBS Arena sponsor’s meeting and other topics.
They wonder if Varlamov will be ready for Game 1 in Carolina or if Ilya Sorokin and Cory Schneider, who has looked good in the preseason, will be the tandem to start the team’s 13-game road trip. They also talk about the first cuts from camp and who might stick around for a while. Later, they relay some intel they learned from a meeting of UBS arena partners and discuss Lou Lamoriello’s philosophies on team building and gameday fashion.
Finally, Mike gives his review of Amazon Prime’s All or Nothing: Toronto Maple Leafs series, which lives up to it’s “Nothing” in more than just describing the Leafs’ latest playoff flame out.
- Thanks again to Brian at Skurnik Wines for reaching out to us. Check out their full line of products and look for their Pinot Project at UBS Arena.
- Dom L’s season preview at The Athletic. Yeah, he’s always preached patience with the Islanders... okay, pal.
- Three whole Thoughts, huh, Friedge? That’s about two and a half more than we usually get.
- Take a gander at those concourses and urinals!
dasher boards are up and bathrooms are nearly done! (2/2) pic.twitter.com/RB7FX6kV3V— UBS Arena (@UBSArena) October 6, 2021
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Goonies R Good Enough” by Cyndi Lauper. This video is amazing.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.