The Islanders have a chance to avenge that embarrassing last-minute loss to the Capitals tonight. They would be wise to take it, as this season will pass quickly and the teams in front of them continue to gain.
The Islanders wake up this morning in seventh place in the East,
nine points three points (don’t try to do math without coffee) and three teams out of a playoff spot. It may seem a little histrionic to worry about that now, but it is a shortened season against only divisional opponents. Proverbial four-point games all-around, including Tuesday’s debacle, which was 27 seconds from not being a four-point game. The Islanders have yet to sweep an opponent. And tonight, they will try to avoid being swept.
- A preview of tonight’s critical game. [Islanders]
- Barry Trotz promised a shake-up to the lines. [The Athletic]
- But without Anthony Beauvillier available, there is not much he can do. [Newsday]
- The Isles have been working on their face-offs. It’s paying off. [Islanders]
- The Islanders have sold in advance quite a few seats at UBS Arena. The location has been a boon. [Sports Business Daily]
It’s coming along nicely.