The Islanders tonight face off against the Rangers in a rematch from Thursday’s outclassing.
As an Islanders fan, watching the Rangers lifelessly fumble around, unable to get back into the game, brought me great joy. But I do not think it will be so easy tonight. And I cannot imagine the Islanders expect an easy ride, either.
First, Josh Ho-Sang has been loaned to the same Swedish for which fellow prospect Robin Salo plays.
#Isles Transaction: Josh Ho-Sang has been loaned to Orebro HK (SweHL).— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) January 16, 2021
- Tonight’s preview? Don’t mind if I do! [Islanders]
- VIDEOS: Listen to yesterday’s post-practice media availability: [Jordan Eberle | Brock Nelson | Barry Trotz]
- Nelson noted that the 2021 season already feels different than the 2020 restart. No bubbles, but a lot more precaution. [Newsday]
- I mentioned up top that the Islanders outclassed the Rangers Thursday night. That was being nice to the Blueshirts as compared to this scathing Larry Brooks column. [NY Post]
- The domination spoiled the debuts of both K’Andre Miller and 2020 no. 1 overall pick Alexis Lafrenière. You simply love to see it.
- But Rick DiPietro believes both teams could make it to the dance this summer. [ESPN Radio]
- Stan Fischler remembers the 2002 thriller-that-should-not-have-been against the Capitals that clinched the Islanders’ first playoff berth in eight seasons. I was there! [Maven’s Memories]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Capitals again beating the Sabres, but in a much lower-scoring affair; the Flyers grounding the Penguins, again by three goals and boosted by a Travis Konecny hat trick; and the Avalanche stomping all over the Blues to the tune of 8-0, featuring a goal by old pal Devon Toews.
- Connor McDavid just turned 24. Already a prolific scorer, he looks poised for his best season yet as he really hits his peak. [The Athletic]
- Keith Yandle fell out of favor with the Panthers. Rumors connected him with the Islanders, though that never materialized. But what about the Flyers? [BSH]
- Seattle Kraken owner and Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer sat down with The Athletic to discuss, among other things, his legendary pick-up games. [The Athletic]
- The Athletic wants you to rank your team’s (read: the Islanders’) home arena. Show the Coliseum some love.