Game 6 between the Islanders and Flyers is tonight at 7:00 p.m. EDT. The Islanders will make their second attempt at closing out Philadelphia. They failed to close out the Panthers and Capitals on the first attempt, as well, but succeeded comfortably on their second attempt.
I hope that portends good things tonight.
- After a tough loss in Game 5, Barry Trotz knew his team needed yesterday off. [NY Post]
- Man, it would’ve been nice to be able to be at the Coliseum tonight. [Newsday]
- Arthur Staple offers three reasons not to worry about this series. And three reasons to worry! My heart rate! [The Athletic]
- One reason not to worry, though: it seems like Mathew Barzal is okay. Trotz’s concern is “moderate” but Alain Vigneault rode an elevator with Barzal and confirmed that the injury wasn’t too serious. [Newsday | Islanders]
- To eliminate all worry about tonight, the Islanders need to raise their game. The Flyers are going to come out hard again. [Newsday]
- Larry Brooks says the Islanders did not deserve to clinch on Tuesday night. I suppose he’s not wrong, they didn’t play well. [NY Post]
- Corey Pronman watched U20 camps in Sweden and Finland and was greatly impressed by Simon Holmstrom, so that must be good. [The Athletic]
- Radar the Guide Dog was paired with a Paralympian swimmer and it made People magazine.
- Whichever of the Islanders and Flyers get to face the Lightning may have to contend with the return of Steven Stamkos. [NHL]
- Yesterday, Jake Allen was traded by the Blues to the Canadiens. End of an era in St. Louis. [STLToday]
- What does the trade mean for the Habs? [EOTP]
- Recently fired Capitals coach Todd Reirden got his previous job as a Penguins assistant coach back. [NHL]