They marvel at players like Andy “So 1997” Greene, third period specialist J-G Pageau and humble, hard-working captain Anders Lee. And once again they regale Barry Trotz, the zen master behind the Islanders’ remarkable metamorphosis over the last two seasons.
In the second half, they scan how the team has been covered by some media members throughout these playoffs and how ignorance, condescension, bland horses and “PumpTheBreaksism” all factor in.
- Mike Kelly’s defense of the “boring” Islanders (spoiler: they’re not boring).
- In which a writer at The Athletic tries to get to the bottom of this whole Islanders thing.
- Arron Asham lays a huge hit without even putting on skates.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: Barry Trotz, of course.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.