They recap the 2-1 win, enjoy the Islanders finding their signature game quickly and remember some aspects of their style that they had forgotten about over the last few months. They also - finally - talk about the naming rights for the Belmont Arena going to UBS and why the boring big money deal is a significant one for the franchise.
Finally, they talk about some other scores from around the league, the comfort of watching hockey on TV again and what Pierre McGuire thinks his job is.
- Jenny’s recap of the Islanders’ 2-1 win over the Panthers in Game 1.
- Dom on the UBS Arena naming announcement. Ingloriously sponsored now and forever.
- Some more arena listening: Arthur Staple with Islanders co-owner Jon Ledecky and Oak View Group CEO Tim Leiweke on No Sleep Til Belmont; Andrew Gross also talked to Ledecky and Leiweke on Island Ice, as well as Newsday’s Jim Baumbach about the long road to get the Islanders to a new arena; Leiweke was on Bloomberg’s sports business podcast to talk about a lot of the innovations and technology that the building will feature.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.