If they play as they did in the first three games of this series, the results should be positive.
Puck drop is at 8:00 p.m. EDT on MSG+ and NBCSN.
- The Islanders know that we’re supporting them from afar and they’re appreciative. [Newsday]
- WATCH: In which coach Barry Trotz calls Jean-Gabriel Pageau the perfect fit for this club. [Islanders]
- WATCH: In which the players recognize the difficulty of closing a team out and in which Pageau loves his fit on the team. [Islanders]
- Pageau has also withstood the pressure of having been acquired and signed for a hefty price to show how well he fits on this team. [Best @ Newsday]
- Arthur Staple has seven takeaways from the last two games of this series, including Adam Pelech shining and the playoff arrival of Anders Lee. [The Athletic]
- LISTEN: Mike and Dan accurately describe the feeling of watching the Islanders dominate playoff games: it’s really fun. [Islanders Anxiety]
- Even though it was written by a hack in Damien Cox, it is still funny to see articles that compare the Maple Leafs and Islanders from the day Toronto went with Kyle Dubas over Lou Lamoriello. [Toronto Star]
- Co-owner Jon Ledecky is riding high right now between the Islanders doing well in the playoffs and the impending new arena. [NY Post]
- Brendan Burke and A.J. Mleczko have been able to call even more games this playoff season without having to travel across the continent and suffice to say, they’re busy. [Newsday]
"we have to be ready and stay true to our game." pic.twitter.com/JFO9BzVcVK— x-new york islanders (@NYIslanders) August 18, 2020
Yesterday’s NHL scores include the Lightning holding off the Blue Jackets 2-1 for a 3-1 series lead, the Avalanche curb-stomping the Coyotes 7-1 for a 3-1 series lead, the Bruins scoring four third period goals to beat the Hurricanes 4-3 for a 3-1 series lead, and the Blues smothering the Canucks 3-1 to even the series at 2-2.
- The NHL has protocols in place for the players’ families to join them in the bubble, if they so choose. There’s still some final planning to be done, though. [ESPN]
- DGB did his weekly power rankings, five up and five down, and has the Islanders as an honorable mention—the logic behind the rankings is who’s most likely to go on to win it all. [The Athletic]