They talk about the Islanders’ consistency through the early part of the tournament and under-the-radar talent, the performance of captain Anders Lee, and a single tenacious shift in Game 2 that they won’t forget. Later, they look at things from a Caps fan perspective and what they must be feeling right now.
Finally, they lament the idiocy of Boston sports voices, teams collecting stars and coaches that look like they do.
- Watch the shift here:
- Then marvel at Jenny’s mapped out version here:
so how about that islanders forecheck shift pic.twitter.com/zeSWRJm4Pg— jenny berman (@barzalline) August 15, 2020
- And of course, there’s this:
- We’re having a blast, too, Mat.:
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Nothin’ But a Good Time” by Poison.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.