The Islanders are headed to The Bubble in Toronto to take on the Panthers in a play-in series (and the Rangers in an exhibition game). Mike and Dan talk about the upcoming games, the players chosen to go, and how the results could affect the Islanders next season. They wonder if they’re rooting harder against the teams they hate than for the team they love, and whether their paranoia is tainting their view of the NHL’s two city approach.
Later, they discuss the NHL’s newest - and second nautical-based - franchise and which Islanders might find themselves on an expansion roster at this time next year. Finally, they chat about the recently broken news that the Arizona Coyotes have a new general manager.
- The Islanders roster for THE BUBBLE has been set. Sorry to all of our contestants who are going home but we have some lovely parting gifts for you.
- DO NOT ask Lou Lamoriello any questions about Ilya Sorokin. He’ll be in Toronto but that’s it.
- The Kraken has been released:
- Which Islanders could be Seattle bound? Noel took a look.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams, as well as our own Al Arbour tribute shirts. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Use the code LIGHTHOUSE15 at checkout to save 15% on your order. Our portion of all sales of the Arbour shirts or any using the discount code will be donated to the Center for Dementia Research in the name of the coach.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety and all of our Lighthouse Hockey podcasts any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing Song: “Space Station No. 5” by Montrose.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.